Finest Pure Fish Oil plus Vitamin D3 by Pharmax Natural Orange flavor 6.8 oz (200ml)
Omega-3s and Vitamin D3 All in One Convenient Liquid!
Omega-3s and vitamin D3 are essential for optimal health, no matter your age. Now you can get both in one great dietary supplement from Pharmax! Finest Pure Fish Oil Plus Vitamin D3 blends fish oils with vitamin D3 that comes from natural sources.
- Finest Pure Fish Oil promotes optimal cardiovascular health
- It delivers 1,675mg of EPA and DHA in every serving, giving your body essential fatty acidsYou'll get 950mg (1,000IU) of natural vitamin D3 in every serving.
- Finest Pure Fish Oil comes with a delicious orange flavor you'll love
- Natural EPA and DHA enrichment - NEO-3™ enzymatic process mimics the natural digestive system
- Efficacy, stability and superb palatability
- Great tasting natural orange flavor
- Natural enrichment process delivers cleaner taste
- Includes natural mixed tocopherols for enhanced stability
- Independently tested and certified
- Meets or exceed Health Canada and FDA regulations
- Ensure content claims, meet or exceed label specifications
- Environmentally sustainable
Finest Pure Fish Oil Plus Vitamin D3 from Pharmax gives your body omega-3s and vitamin D3 that is essential for not only optimal overall health, but optimal health of your bones, teeth, brain, eyes, and nervous system.
Take another step toward optimal health by enhancing cognitive function and cardiovascular health. Try Finest Pure Fish Oil Plus Vitamin D3 from Pharmax today!
Supplement Facts Servings (5ml) per container: 1 teaspoon (5ml) contains:
- Calories 40 ---Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5g ---Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 1000 IU (250%DV)
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 950mg
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 725mg
- Total Omega-3 1975mg ---(EPA, DHA and other omega-3s provided as anchovy and sardine oil)
- Other Ingredients: Orange oil, natural mixed tocopherols.
Recommended Use: Adults and Adolescents (9 years and older): One teaspoon taken daily with a meal or as professionally directed. Children (1 to 8 years): Half teaspoon taken daily with a meal or as professionally directed. Refrigerate after opening.
1. Regulated fishery partners and waste reduction methods maximizes the full use of harvested fish
Finest Pure Fish Oil Plus Vitamin D is a unique blend of fish oils from sardine and anchovy to specifically assist support cognitive health and brain function and to maintain overall cardiovascular health, particularly in reducing high serum triglycerides/triacylglycerols levels (1). Finest Pure Fish Oil Plus Vitamin D contains eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) from sardine and anchovy oils in a EPA:DHA ratio of 1.4:1 that supports cardiovascular health. Finest Pure Fish Oil Plus Vitamin D is naturally flavored with sweet orange oil. It is a source of omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA for the maintenance of good health. Helps support the development of brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age.(1)
The vitamin D included in this formula uses lanolin as a precursor, providing 1000 IU per 5 ml. USP and European pharmacopeia compliant, this product is also Food Codex grade. Rigorous independent testing includes all supplier medicinal test results verified through independent 3rd party laboratories, thus ensuring the highest quality product. Vitamin D3 is a factor in the maintenance of good health. It helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth; helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus; and helps to prevent vitamin D3 deficiency.(2)
1. NHPD Monograph on Fish Oil. March 2009. 2. NHPD Monograph on Vitamin D. August 2007.
Additional product info:
Fish oils may improve cardiovascular health by altering lipid metabolism, inducing haemodynamic changes, decreasing arrhythmias, modulating platelet function, improving endothelial function and inhibiting inflammatory pathways.(3) In fact, fish oil is recognized by the NHPD of Health Canada to help support and maintain cardiovascular health and to help reduce serum triglycerides/triacylglycerols.(4) Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA; 22:5n-3) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA; 22:6n-3) are the 2 principal omega-3 fatty acids in marine oils. Recent data from human studies showed that these 2 fatty acids have differential effects on serum glucose (4 grams EPA), blood pressure (4 grams DHA), heart rate (4 grams DHA) and endothelial function.(5) EPA and DHA alter membrane fluidity, interact with transcription factors such as PPAR and sterol regulatory element binding protein, and are substrates for enzymes including cyclooxygenase, lipoxygenase and cytochrome P450.(6) Studies also show that EPA and DHA (1.6-2.0 grams EPA and 0.9-1.2 grams DHA) found in fish oils generate bioactive lipid mediators that reduce inflammation and polymorphonuclear leukocyte recruitment in numerous inflammatory disease models.(7,8) While both EPA and DHA decrease TAG levels, only DHA appears to increase HDL and LDL particle size. Evidence to date also suggests that 2.8-4 grams DHA is more efficient in decreasing blood pressure, heart rate and platelet aggregation compared to EPA.(9) Thus, reduction of postprandial triacylglycerol (TG) concentration may be cardioprotective. Studies have shown that chronic omega-3 fatty acid supplementation (4 grams of either EPA or DHA) significantly lowers postprandial TG concentrations regardless of the type of fat in test meal.(10) EPA and DHA are also crucial to brain development and normal brain functioning. DHA is particularly important to brain functioning due to its influence on neural membrane properties, which modulate cell signalling. DHA concentration in the brain decreases with age in humans and this has been postulated to be consequential to the age-related deterioration in central nervous system functions.(11) As such, fish oil supplementation supports the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age and helps support cognitive health and brain function.(12)
Vitamin D3 is required to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphate, which are in turn needed for the normal mineralization of bone, muscle contraction, nerve conduction and the general cellular functioning of all body cells. Vitamin D3, derived from both endogenous (skin) and exogenous (diet) sources, is converted into 25-OHD in the liver and then into 1,25(OH)2D in the kidneys. The latter metabolite controls calcium absorption. However, plasma 25OHD closely reflects vitamin D3 nutritional status, and because it is the substrate for the renal enzyme that produces 1,25(OH)2D, it could have mainly an indirect and also a direct effect on calcium absorption. A vitamin D3 shortage would reduce the intestinal absorption of calcium, which could worsen if the diet is deficient of this element.
3. Cottin SC, Sanders TA, Hall WL. The differential effects of EPA and DHA on cardiovascular risk factors. Proc Nutr Soc. 2011 May;70(2):215-31. Abstract; Page 225 Conclusion 4. NHPD Monograph on Fish Oil. March 2009. 5. Woodman RJ, Mori TA, Burke V, Puddey IB, Watts GF, Beilin LJ.Effects of purified eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoicacids on glycemic control, blood pressure, and serum lipids in type 2 diabetic patients with treated hypertension.Am J ClinNutr. 2002 Nov;76(5):1007-15. Page 1007, Introduction 6. Cottin SC, Sanders TA, Hall WL. The differential effects of EPA and DHA on cardiovascular risk factors. ProcNutr Soc. 2011 May;70(2):215-31. Abstract; Page 225 Conclusion 7. McDaniel, J.C., Massey, K. and Nicolaou, A. Fish oil supplementation alters levels of lipid mediators of inflammation in microenvironment of acute human wounds.Wound Repair Regen. 2011 Mar-Apr;19(2):189-200. Page 189, Abstract & Introduction 8. van der Meij, B.S., Langius, J.A., Smit, E.F., Spreeuwenberg, M.D., von Blomberg, B.M., Heijboer, A.C., Paul, M.A. and van Leeuwen, P.A. Oral nutritional supplements containing (n-3) polyunsaturated fatty acids affect the nutritional status of patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer during multimodality treatment . J Nutr. 2010 Oct;140(10):1774-80. Page 1775, 2nd paragraph 9. Cottin SC, Sanders TA, Hall WL. The differential effects of EPA and DHA on cardiovascular risk factors. Proc Nutr Soc. 2011 May;70(2):215-31. Abstract; Page 225 Conclusion 10. Park, Y. and Harris, W.S. Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation accelerates chylomicron triglyceride clearance.J Lipid Res. 2003 Mar;44(3):455-63. Page 455, Introduction 11. Danthiir V, Burns NR, Nettelbeck T, Wilson C, Wittert G. The Older People, Omega-3, and Cognitive Health (EPOCH) trial design and methodology: A randomised, double-blind, controlled trial investigating the effect of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids on cognitive ageing and wellbeing in cognitively healthy older adults. Nutr J. 2011 Oct 20;10(1):117. Page 2, Background, 2nd paragraph 12. NHPD Monograph on Fish Oil. March 2009.
Product overview: Essential fatty acids formula from fish oils • 1675 mg of EPA + DHA per dose Includes vitamin D derived from natural sources • Uses lanolin as a precursor, providing 1000 IU per teaspoon.
*These statements have not been evaluated be the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."