Bio-Energetic Scanning Evaluation
Avatar™ Bio-Energetic Meridian Assessment (BEMA), or Electrodermal Scanning (EDX), is a noninvasive evaluation method used to assess the energy meridians (channels) of the body, which are directly related to your organs. BEMA evaluations help us obtain the information you need to make informed decisions about your health. These evaluations are also referred to by many other descriptions, such as Electro-Acupuncture According to Voll (EAV), Bio-Energetic Assessment (BEA), Electro Dermal Screening (EDS), or Bio-Energetic Stress Test (BEST), as well as others. This is a patient assessment technology invented by the German medical doctor and acupuncturist, Dr. Reinhold Voll, MD. It measures the electrical current resistance at specific acupuncture points, then converts it into a conductance measurement reading according to Dr. Voll’s 100-point scale.
- An optimal reading is 50. Stable readings of 50 indicate a patient with a good health pattern whose body organ systems are balanced.
- Readings above 65 indicate internal organ inflammatory processes. These higher readings are early indicators of disease processes.
- Readings below 45 indicate internal organ degenerative processes. These organs were likely inflamed at an earlier time in the patient’s life. The low reading indicates a longer standing problem which has now become chronically degenerative because it was never accurately addressed during the organ’s initial stress imbalances. Reversing the degenerative reading pattern is critical, otherwise diagnosed diseases or illnesses will continue to worsen and the organs will lose the battle to restore normal function, most often leading to fatal diseases.
The Avatar™ can tell you:
- The functional status of your meridians and their related organs, systems, or functions, by determining if they are stressed, balanced, or weakened, and by how much
- The specific nutritional products which will bring your unbalanced meridians back into balance
- If a product you have in hand will bring you to balance
- If you have specific sensitivities to foods, molds pollens, etc
- If you have spinal misalignments interfering with your meridian energy flow, and their location
This method of health analysis is named after Dr. Reinhold Voll, MD, a German pioneering physician and inventor of this technology. It has been successfully used for over 60 years and is now utilized by more than 30,000 physicians and more than 1,000 hospitals in Europe, Asia, and around the world. This method helps you save time and money by quickly assisting you in restoring a higher level of health.
HISTORY OF EAV (EDS) (BEMA)
Nearly a century ago, in the 1930s, French acupuncturists began scientifically experimenting with the electrical properties of skin. They discovered that acupuncture points are physiologically more electrically conductive than the surrounding tissue.
Then, in the early 1950s, this French scientific research was further expanded by the celebrated
German physician, Reinhold Voll, MD. Dr. Voll later used this expanded scientific research to collaborate in the design and development of a measurement technology device called the Dermatron.
The Dermatron device measures the electrical potential of the skin by means of a stylus that was manually applied to an acupuncture point. Dr. Voll further discovered that the skin’s energetic characteristics were reflective of the health or condition of the organ or body system associated with each acupuncture point. This became a breakthrough health assessment revelation.
Afterwards, Dr. Voll and a number of his esteemed colleagues scientifically and physiologically mapped out where hundreds of energetic points on the body were located, and their corresponding relationships. Dr. Voll further developed and incorporated a micro-stimulator into the Dermatron that was used to treat the acupuncture points that showed abnormal baseline assessment readings. This technique became known as Electro Acupuncture According to Voll (EAV).
Part of Dr. Voll’s technique involved the testing of medicines or natural therapeutic remedies. Dr. Voll also discovered, and scientifically proved, that when brought into proximity of the body, any natural therapeutic remedy or drug medicine could affect the electrical characteristics of the skin being measured with the Dermatron.
As a result of this brilliant discovery, Dr. Voll developed an elaborate system of measuring the electrical skin resistance of acupuncture points for the purpose of diagnosis. He then introduced a variety of medicines into the testing procedures until he found a therapeutic remedy combination that resulted in energetic balance to the acupuncture points.
Dr. Voll’s EAV technique was introduced in the United States in the 1970s. Around the 1980s, and with help from the invention of the PC computer, American scientists and engineers began computerizing the process. It was with these computerized EAV systems that Dr. Voll's testing could include the gathering and recording of such acupuncture point assessment data from the body.
Imitation EAV or BEMA technology
The Avatar™ EDS device is not an imitation EAV technology or an alleged EAV-based assessment device claiming to be “meridian” or “CERF” testing technology. Such devices are gadgets being peddled as EAV assessment testing methods, and they do not utilize electrical resistance measurements at acupuncture meridian points. These devices are not designed utilizing Dr. Voll’s researched and successful assessment method and technologies.They may be marketed by people claiming to be health practitioners, or even used by people who are not licensed physicians. These imitation devices are simply computers which do not accurately test your individual meridian points. Therefore, they cannot be electrically evaluating meridian stress and imbalances.
Here is how you know what type of device is certified EAV technology. First, the person administering the EAV test should be a board-certified, licensed physician. Secondly, if the “computerized meridian assessment” device uses a testing method that is completed by requesting you to:
- a) rest your hand on a palm cradle;
- b) hold two metal handles, one in each hand;
- c) wear bands around your wrists, ankles, and head
If the test you receive does not match the guidelines listed above you can be assured that these devices are not certifiable EAV based technology devices. These types of machines are imitation devices and create data solely through use of computer software which randomly generates product recommendations through pre-programmed statistical formulas that have nothing to do with your body’s bio-energetic meridian system. Anyone using these devices should give you reason to immediately walk away. Call our office to get more details if you feel the need to discuss this topic.